Learn How to Become a Fashion Designer
Welcome to FFW, where students 6-18 learn how to design and sew their own clothes.
Our teens and kids fashion design classes online and in-person take place right after school and on the weekends at various locations.
Fashion First Workshops, headquartered in Plainfield NJ, offers these classes throughout the year in 6-8 week sessions, 1 1/2 to 2 hour classes: Fall l, Fall ll, Winter l, Winter ll and Spring.
We also offer workshops seasonally throughout the year on school holidays. Now anyone can learn how to become a fashion designer.
And don't forget to enroll in Fashion Summer Camp when school's out!
Recap of our sewing classes
- ages 6-18 all welcome
- no sewing experience necessary
- all supplies included as well as use of our sewing machines
- students take home the project they created
- all students help plan and set up for their very own fashion runway show, where
- the students model their design! All are welcome.
- beginners welcome, classes indicate the skill level needed to register for the class.
- read all class policies prior to registration
- have fun learning how to become a fashion designer!
Upcoming Kids Fashion Design Classes
- Union Far East Fashion Week
August 15, 2022 - August 19, 2022
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
2022 Summer Fashion Camp Japan Fashion Week at Union Recreation It’s time for a Japan fashion week! In this camp, designers will create a Kimono Top or Dress and accessories. Our final day of class will be a fun fashion show! Dates/Times August 15-19 9:00-12:00pm This summer camp is for students going into grades 2nd-5th (more…)
- Saint Patrick School Fall Fashion Class
September 20, 2022 - November 1, 2022
2:45 pm - 4:00 pm
Have you ever dreamed of becoming a fashion designer? Your dreams can come true! In all of our classes, we walk you through all of the fashion design steps and show you what it takes to be a fashion designer. Dates/Times Tuesdays for 7 weeks 9/20 9/27 10/4 10/11 10/18 10/25 & 11/1 2:45-4:00 Beginner (more…)
- Madison Fall Beginner Class
September 20, 2022 - November 8, 2022
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Have you ever dreamed of becoming a fashion designer? Your dreams can come true! In all of our classes, we walk you through all of the fashion design steps and show you what it takes to be a fashion designer. Dates/Times Tuesdays for 8 weeks 9/20 9/27 10/4 10/11 10/18 10/25 11/1 & 11/8 4:30- (more…)