We’re expanding our program; The Fashion First Workshops after school program is a unique, creative, fun and educational way for children to learn all they need to know to become a fashion designer.
We are looking for fun, caring and creative sewing aficionados that want to share their skills with these creative and talented children. If you have experience working with children and sewing arts, this may be the right fit for you! This is an exciting opportunity to join our fashion design team of instructors! With your passion for fashion and skills this could be the perfect fit for you! So come join us!
Objective: to lead the after school program by overseeing your students and assistant designers [instructors] in the daily activity of the class at that location.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach the class by the FFW curriculum; stay on task to the daily expectations of the students. If not on task, you must report these concerns to us.
- Assist the staff in administering the FFW missions and values
- Take attendance for absent students, report to the lead designer
- Make sure the absent student is caught up the next week he/she attends
- Manage the fabric and supply needs for the week
- Lead and participate in the setup and breakdown of the site
- Communicate with the location manager on the sites pros and cons
- Participate in all the required training
- Ensure the safety of the children at the site at all times and be aware of their ware about safety
- Provide feedback of the staff evaluation and progress of the class to us
Skills & Requirements:
- Sewing machine skills
- Must have a car and drive
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs (sewing machine and supplies)
- Casual dress attire, smart casual
- 2 years of working with children is a plus
- Have a passion for fashion!
- Minimum age 20 years old
Hourly rate is determined by experience level.